This time is a card that’s been inspired by a card in CandlesInTheGarden blog
She has used distress inks on vellum – I tried using watercolor.
I cut some vellum pieces to equal length and colored them with watercolor. Then stamped them with some black ink – which didn’t come on that well, so I had to go over it all again with some black marker. I then added some more color to only the flower pieces. I finally added some gemstones to the center of the bigger pieces and some glitter gel ink to the smaller ones.
I was wondering how to stick the vellum, and thought of how I often see scrapbookers using staplers to add them to their pages. I tried using the same, while also adding the staplers as a texture in the card. And guess what that ribbon is – it is from an old magnetic tape! Shiny and sleek – love it on this card! 🙂 Adding the sentiment to complete the card.
Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for looking!