My dear sister returns today. Making a series of cards everyday for her, till today, has been pretty fun! I’ve mostly handwritten the sentiments on all of them, except for two. Although the whole thing was kinda unplanned, I hope she likes them all! 🙂
Card 1: 18th June
A simple one layer card – I just stamped a long flower stamp with two shades of blue, making a random criss-crossing lines pattern
Card 2: 19th June
Water colors and abstract stamps! I made a stencil by cutting circles of various sizes – they are exactly round, but they didn’t have to be! Using this stencil, I painted some light shades of watercolor from the perimeter, using only water whilst coming to the center.
Also added some straight lines of different colors by stamping. Finally added the sentiments on a similar watercolor paper, added some dots of glitter on top and adhered them to the base.
Card 3: 20th June
Made this card using the sketch provided at CAS(E) this Sketch challenge. But I didn’t submit this card to the challenge – never had the intention to! But of course, it is exclusively for me dear sis! 😉
I particularly like the background here since I made it repeatedly stamping (never done it before) using one of the stamps I didn’t know what to do with! Glad I found a use! 🙂
And more watercolors! I used a stencil too!
I placed the stencil on my card base before I started with the water coloring. Then applied the water color with copious amount of water and left the stencil on it till it dried. The effect of adding lots of water can be clearly seen – the water seeped below the stencil and added a beautiful effect. 🙂
Card 5: 22nd June
Embossing folder this time 🙂
I first applied distress ink on the embossing folder and placed the card base on it directly. After firmly pressing the card base to ensure that the color has moved on top of it properly, I removed it. Then I misted the cardbase 2-3 times with water for the distress inks to activate, but not spread too much.
Finally added some stripes of two different pattern paper and the die cut, stamped sentiment.
Card 6: 23rd June
Pattern paper – used as flowers and half the background. The striped background behind the main layer? Guess what I used? Crayons! That’s right! I just drew stripes of three different colors to give me a splendid background! 🙂
Card 7: 24th June
Distress ink + embossing folder. I first applied a few shades of distress inks on a piece of card stock, sprayed lightly with water, left it for a few seconds and picked up the water to get that splotchy look. After using an embossing folder to get all the pretty flowers. I carefully, lightly slided a gold pigment ink pad on the red parts and a copper one on the orange parts. The shine is not apprently visible in the photo, but it looks pretty.
Finally added a strip of pattern paper on top; and another piece of cardstock colored with copic marker between the top piece and the card base and topped them all with a die cut pattern piece.
Well, that concludes my week-long card making series!
But, last but not the least, here’s card that started it all!
I have used watercolors, applied without using much water, on top of stencils, directly on the card base. On top of this, I’ve pasted vellum, on which I stamped a pretty design using black ink. I also hand-wrote the sentiment and added some sequins to add to the look!
The watercolor is not readily visible here since I have not stuck the vellum piece to the card base. But here’s a second (and third) look:
And here, I am holding the card so that the watercolor shows slightly.
And how can a handmade card be complete without a handmade envelope! I’ve made this (as I normally do) without using any tools – just simple math and some basic engineering skills! ;P
The post was definitely too big, but it had to be all there in one single post, so no other go! Well, thanks for looking! 🙂