This is one card I had in my mind from some time. In fact, I even almost made it – I assembled everything, and then paused…since I was not happy with it. Since the card was completely silver, there was no contrast at all. And I realized – making a silver-on-silver card is not the same as white-on-white card!! 😦
Coming back to an unfinished project always helps in getting a fresh outlook and a new idea. And this is what my unfinished project turned out like –
I cut the frame first, using my square die cut for the window and then WPlus9 Ruler die (i think) for the scallop border below. Since this was a white card stock and I wanted a darker color, I colored the frame using a Prussian Blue Copic marker. I then added the sentiment, a mixture of BoBunny’s Captured, and Winnie & Walter’s The Big, The Bold and The Happy stamp sets and heat embossed them silver.
I then adhered the butterfly to the frame only on one side, the side where the butterfly goes inside the frame. After cutting out the peeking wing of the butterfly, I added some foam tape behind the frame. I also added some white thread and tied it into a bow. By the way, the butterfly was a left-over from a previous project here, where I couldn’t use it since I had left my fingerprint on the butterfly while embossing! 😛
Keeping this aside, I worked on the card base. I stenciled some Brushed Pewter distress paint on ‘Remember & Thenks Chevron” from Basically Essential (I hope it is the right name!). After it dried, I adhered the frame with the butterfly on it, adhered the middle of the butterfly directly on the card base and then added double foam dots on the hanging butterfly wings, so that they would stand up and stick out. Once this was done, I added a few scattered dots of Prussian blue acrylic paint across the card. This finished my card! 🙂
Thanks for looking! 🙂