Its been some time since my cards have had this much of color. And although making these cards took a hell lot of time, I had fun making them! 🙂
I started with four card panels, and colored them with some base colors using distress inks – Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Shaded Lilac and Broken China. I then stamped them all with the same stamp – Roman Surround from Penny Black, using Memento Tangelo, DI Mustard Seed, Memento Sweet Plum and Memento Bahama Blue.
I then die cut them using different sixes of Spellbinders’ Labels 24. I then added some more ink to the sides of each die cut panel. Now coming to the individual cards –
Starting with the one I had the toughest time with! 😉 It was relatively easy to align pieces such that the pattern between the different pieces was continuous. Rather, I found it difficult to bring the entire piece together, because this was my first time doing such a thing, and I made quite a few mistakes, which resulted in the panels becoming smaller than I intended. 😦
What I learnt – do not try to trim the pieces to size before adhering them all. And adhere first to a scrap piece of paper, NOT to the card base!!! Ask how I know! 😛
While adhering the pieces together, I stuck the outer pointy tips to the inner panel directly, while adding a foam dot to the inner pointy tips. This gave the piece a simple dimensional look. So, after I (finally) adhered the pieces together, I adhered this in the center of the card base direclty, and foam mounted two strips of black, Copic colored card stock strips, leaving a small piece of the white card stock showing through. (Can you believe my hours of hard work got explained in 2 paragraphs!?! 😀 Irony of life!!)
For the sentiment, I cut out another piece from the same die cuts using blac kcard stock and stamped the sentiment from Bo Bunny Sentiments stamp set in Hero Arts white pigment ink. I then embellished the card with some pearls colored with black Copic marker.
Coming to the next card – this was relatively very very easy!! I first colored the back and sides of all the pieces with the color I used for the base. I then curved the dangling ends of each piece and foam mounted them, taking care to align them according to the pattern.
I then cut out a small circle, lined the edge with Hero Arts Charcoal ink and stamped the same sentiment with it before foam mounting it in the center. I then adhered this to the card base directly, placing to the right, leaving a stripe of the white card base showing. I then embellished the card with some pearls.
The third card is made using the scrap pieces left back while I was trimming the first card! 😛 I just made a weave pattern out of the four stripes and adhered them to the card base. I then stamped the sentiment, from Bo Bunny Sentiments, using Hero Arts Charcoal ink.
I thought of adding some pearls to this card too, but held myself back, thinking that I wanted to use something else – preferably making the card as flat as possible. I then suddenly remembered the twinkles (that’s what I am calling them!) from JustRite Bokeh Time stamp set. So, I stamped a few of them just above the sentiment using Memento Dandelion and Tangelo inks.
Thanks for looking!! 🙂