I am back with another card! And the same as the cards for the Muse challenge, I tried a few things before I ended up with this card – I changed my initial idea completely – it ended with a different layout, a different set of dies and stamps being used! But, I love the card I ended up with, so no issues what-so-ever! 😀
I have a few paper bags in my stash, and thought of using them as kraft base along with my stash of color papers in this card.
I started with adhering the brown paper and the pink color paper I had to some card stock using double sided tape. I then cut out a square out of the brown paper panel and stamped over it and the card base using Frayed Burlap (for the square piece) and Antique Linen distress inks using JustRite Victorian Tile background stamp.
I then colored a scrap piece of card stock with ColorBox teal pigment ink. I cut out this piece and another piece with the pink color paper adhered on, using Spellbinders’ Birds On A Wire die. I also cut out a couple of strips from the two pieces of card stock.
After figuring out the layout using all the pieces, I first adhered the two strips of color paper on the card base using liquid glue. I then adhered a bigger piece of the same brown paper behind the stamped square brown piece and foam mounted the whole thing on the card base. I then adhered the birds on the square piece using liquid glue.
I didn’t add any other sentiment or any embellishment as there were a lot of elements on the front already – I felt any more would only make the card too busy..
I am submitting this card to the ColourQ Card Challenge #276.
Thanks for looking!