The Muse Card Challenge this time is so difficult! The muse, Marion Wagg’s card is extremely CAS and so, even if getting inspired by it is easy, creating a card like it is not (does that make sense?!) But, I did give it a go and I tried quite a lot of things before I came up with a few cards –
I’ve used more or less the same stamp set for all three cards and kept them free from sentiment, keeping the attention on the details of the design and the color more than anything else.. The stamp set I’ve used is Chantilly Trim by WPlus9. And I used Hero Arts white pigment ink.
For the first card, I adhered a piece of blue color paper on card stock using double sided tape and cut out the extra from the sides. I then stamped the lace strip and the flower. I then adhered it at an angle on the card base using foam tape and cut off the excess.
For the second card, I implied the technique of inlaid die cutting. I used the same color paper on a card stock the same size of the card base, and trimmed the excess. I then stamped the lace strip. I then took two pieces of inter-lying dies from Spellbinders A2 Curved Matting Basics and cut the piece off by lying the die at one corner of it. I also cut a piece from white card stock using the same set & arrangement of dies.
I then stamped the flower in the innermost piece. Finally I adhered all the pieces directly on the card base, starting from the outermost piece using liquid glue. This made an easy one-layered card. 🙂
For the final card, I created a blue gradient by using distress inks. I then stamped the flowers at the bottom and then the heart, which is from Bokeh Time from JustRite, and then inked the heart again using my Uniball Signo white gel pen. This made the heart stand out a little more. I also stamped a single flower using first and second generation stamping on the rest of the piece.
I then trimmed the piece by using the same Spellbinders die, to get rounded corners at one side. I then foam mounted the piece on the card base, placing it a little to the right and trimmed off the excess from the top.
Well, that finished my three cards (which one do you like the best, please do leave a comment below!! 🙂 ) I am actually surprised that one can create so many varieties using such a small number of supplies! 😀
I am submitting the first one to the Muse Challenge #101.
Thanks for looking! 🙂