As soon as I saw the challenge this time at Colour Me, I knew exactly what I wanted to do – use distress inks and a flower!
I first cut out a watercolor paper panel, and after smushing a few DIs on my craft mat, misting it with water I laid out the paper on top, and repeated heat-drying and applying some more ink, to get the orange water color panel. I used Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed distress inks.
I then cut out the flower from some orange texture paper, using Blooms 1 from Spellbinders. After adhering the centers, I added a black rhinestone on top.
I didn’t add any more embellishments, since I wanted the orange water color panel and the sentiment to be the main attractions in the card 🙂