Like a few of the products I have bought, I had difficulty to determine what to do with Camel Drawing inks – I had initially bought them thinking I could do some watercoloring with them. But I wasn’t able to do so very well. One reason might be that I am but a novice in watercoloring – I felt the inks dry too quickly, and I wasn’t able to give them a proper spread, even while using a wet-on-wet technique. On the other hand I just love the vibrancy of these inks. They might have fit calligraphy perfectly, only if I was actually going for it! Since I am not, I found, for the time being, one use of these inks.
I first applied a coat of gesso on normal card stock and then applied these inks like I was watercoloring. After it dried (I had to heat it a bit too, the inks were coming off a bit) it gave a beautiful marbled look. Loved it! Wish I had taken a photo too, but I went with the die cutting before I realized it.. 😦
So anyway, I used Paper Trey Ink Triangles cover plate to get these tiny triangles. I chose Paper Trey Ink Soft Stone card stock and arranged them and adhered each using foam dots. The sentiment, from Paper Trey Ink Wet Paint is stacked, with the die cut from black cardstock forming a shadow effect with the die cut from a white cardstock. I then added white Ranger Enamel Accents. Although the technique is very simple, it took a lot of time to finish this card. And even though the triangles are not exactly arranged very neatly, I still love the card! 🙂
My second card too uses the same technique. Except, I only added the color to a corner of my gesso-ed cardstock.
Once the colors were dry, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Ellen Hutson Bohemian Garden and Bold Blooms using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Of course, they didn’t stamp well (and I don’t own archival ink) so I traced over them again with my Uniball Signo black gel pen. And when even this wasn’t sticking, I heated the whole thing with my heat gun – and it finally stuck! 😀 I also stamped the sentiment from Penny Black Flower Sparks in the same way.
I then die cut the panel using Spellbinders Grate Effect. I then adhered the pieces together, on the card base, selectively not adhering a few pieces. There’s so much going on in this card, I decided not to add any embellishments. And that’s my card..
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂