Hello and welcome! Ma’s birthday was just some time ago and my sister and I had another collaboration card, made just for her.
Since Ma loves flowers, I always go for flowers when I make cards for her. This time was no different. And since my sister makes some magnificent backgrounds, I asked her to make something for this card too. She made this gorgeous pink and blue sheet of pattern, and I started from there.
The basic idea I initially had was to make something resembling these cards made by Jennifer McGuire. But then I realized that that would cover the entire pattern paper. I could make a trifold card, and keep the pattern paper inside, but that wasn’t looking too good. So I changed gears and came up with another idea, where I could use vellum to create a trifold card, which could expose the pattern paper on the card top as well.
So I chose Altenew Build a Flower: Peruvian Lily – since it was one of the few sets for which I had the coordinating dies. I started with die cutting plenty of flowers and leaves and then stamping them. I used my trusty MISTI and another piece of scrap cardstock from which I had die cut the flower and leaf shapes, to stamp the images multiple times without the need for realigning them. I then used Sakura Black glaze pen over the anther and Sakura clear glitter pen over a few dots of the lily for some sparkle and shine.
Once done, I started planning my design. The base and second layer would be normal white card base, with the top layer being vellum. I then started assembling it.
To start with, I adhered the pattern paper on top of the white cardbase, and trimmed off the excess. I then trimmed about1/8th inch off both sides, giving it a white border. Next, after deciding the length of vellum I wanted to use, I adhered the flowers and leaves on the very edge of it using double sided tape. I also adhered die cut pieces of the flower behind the vellum, aligning them to the flowers I had adhered on top, to cover up the adhesive. I then scored the vellum, trimmed off the excess and adhered the bottom to the back of the card, using more tape.
On the next layer, which is where I had adhered the pattern paper, I adhered more flowers and leaves, trimming anything which was hanging out, so that the top vellum layer could close without any problems.
Coming to the sentiment, I used Lesia Zgharda Happy Birthday stamp with VersaFine Onyx black pigment ink on white cardstock and fussy cut it. I then stamped it on some craft fowm and also fussy cut that, and adhered it to the cardstock sentiment piece. I then adhered this over the card. I like how the sentiment is still visible even after moving the top layer. 🙂
Since the tape was still present at the back of the card, I used another piece of white cardstock to cover it. And that finished my card!
Submitting this card to the following challenges –
Addicted to Stamps #405: Die cuts &/or Stencils (both are used in this card)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Use Dies &/or Punches
AAA Birthday Card challenge #25: Happy Birthday
Altenew May Inspiration challenge
Watercooler Wednesday challenge #316: All About Occasions
Thank you so much for stopping by! 🙂