Happy Birthday! – A Balloon And Shaker Card


I made this card for my sister’s birthday which was last week –


I had the idea of using balloons in my card, which evolved into a shaker card in the end. I used pattern paper from He Said She Said paper pad from Teresa Collins. The dies are from Balloons die set from XCut. I added some sequins and seed beads for the shaker.


The sentiment is twofold – the die is the Birthday die from Memory Box, which I watercolored before die cutting, and the stamped sentiment is from Captured stamp set from Bo Bunny, which I stamped in Turquoise pigment ink from Color Box.

The string tying the balloons are actually crochet threads dyed using Tarnished Brass Distress Paint. I just adhered them using Glossy Accents!


I usually make my own envelopes, and add something on them too – for this card, I made a stamp using a balloon from the same stamp set and stamped the balloons on. Since I wanted a gradient in each of them, I used a multitude of pastel tone inks, all from Memento – New Sprout, Summer Sky, Lulu Lavender, Angel Pink, Dandelion, Tangelo. I drew the strings and added the handwritten sentiment using a black pen.

How do you like my card? I hope my sister liked it! 😀

Lots Of Hearts

I bought this big bunch of thin rectangular wood veneers some time ago. They were meant to be used while building a house as tiles on its roof. But I use it for something else! 😀

I started by die cutting little hearts from the wood veneers using Lawn Fawn Hearts die and also cutting off the veneers in to proper rectangles and squares. I then arranged them on the side of a card panel and picking the piece which is for the sentiment, I stamped the ‘you’ from Avery Elle Laurels stamp set using Hero Arts black ink. I also adhered a small piece of card stock colored with red Copic marker behind the heart.

I then adhered the wood veneer pieces on the card stock in varying levels of height – I used foam dots and double sided tape to add them in place. I had tried using liquid adhesive, but they bent the wood veneer and also didn’t stick it properly. I had known about this from a video I had watched some time earlier, but I forgot! I had to carefully remove the pieces before adhering them again! But, no harm done to the wood veneers or the card stock, so no complaints! 😉 Well, I then colored the heart with red glitter gel pen and added Glossy Accents on top (again, I think that didn’t stick out because the wood veneer sucked out the moisture or something! :()

Now, I felt that the card might end up a little too CAS (is there such a thing!?) I added some thread next to the wood veneer and tied a simple knot. I also trimmed the panel a bit. I picked up a piece of crushed brown packing paper and after adhering it to the card base, trimming it to size, I foam mounted the card panel on top.

That finished my card! I am submitting this to CAS(E) This Sketch #106, Fusion Card Challenge:Two Hearts and Uniko Studio Challenge #17 – Love & Friendship (my first submission to this challenge :))

Thanks for looking!


This time’s card is for my dear sister. I wanted to congratulate her on getting a new job! Hope her new journey goes well. All the best to her!

As for the card –

I was inspired by some of the works I’ve seen lately revolving around alcohol inks and some other products, involving some splattering of the ink around paper. The alcohol inks, in particular, work well while working on a glossy surface (its impossible to create this effect the same effect on normal card stock. Since I don’t have glosys paper in my stash, I tried using some clear plastic sheets instead.

I took some alcohol inks I have, and adding a few drops on top of the sheet, I blew directly on top using a cut, small piece of straw. I also added some gold powder, put the ink  on top. I repeated the procedure till most of the sheet was covered in inks. The result is a fabulous display of colors, with a little gold peeking here and there!

Once dry, I trimmed the sheet and heat embossed the sentiment using some gold embossing powder. This warped the sheet a bit, so I heated the whole sheet – this evened the sheet a little bit, but not completely.

Once done, I adhered the sheet on a piece of white paper, which I adhered directly on top of another black piece, which covered the entire card base. After I adhered the entire thing on the card stock, I added a couple dashed lines on either sides of the white paper.

Once everything was dry, I wrote the sentiment inside. And that finished the card!

Hope you liked the colors on the card as much as I did! Thanks for looking! 🙂