Two Flowers

Hello! Its been some time since I made this card, but I was too lazy to post! Finally, its time had come! πŸ˜›

Two FlowersMore doodling than anything else! πŸ˜€ I doodled, then used watercoloring mostly, finally going back in a black pen and some white acrylic paint for the final touches. Actually, I had added dots of white paint and then I painted those lines on top of them again – you can still minutely see the dots under them, but its ok – not so visible! πŸ˜›

I really loved making these flowers! My Ma even said that the blue one looks like jewelery – and I agree! πŸ˜€ What do you think? They make me happy to see them too, so the sentiment very much matches my mood when I finished making them. Oh, by the way, the sentiment comes from Technique Tuesday Hello Sunshine, which I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I did go over a few spots again with a black pen, where the ink didn’t stamp properly.

Submitting this to the latest One Layer Simplicity Challenge #17: Round and Round.

Thanks for stopping by! πŸ™‚

Art Journal : Framed Flowers

Well, the flowers aren’t exactly framed, neither do they exactly form the frame..but I felt the name kinda suited what I had made….so there! πŸ˜›

I started with a sheet from an old book and tore off the edges. I then painted a thin layer of gesso on the journal paper and adding the page in the center, added some more gesso to the sides. I then heat dried this (mostly since I didn’t have the patience to air dry it!)

Art Journal : Framed FlowersI then started drawing the flowersΒ  and leaves from one corner. I then inked out the outlines using my Uniball Signo black gel pen. I also added little birds at the bottom, forming an imaginary frame. Well, if you ask me, this is the best pen to use on gesso – it doesn’t dry quickly – and so when I started painting, the ink spread a bit. Thankfully it isn’t so visible in the end! πŸ™‚

Art Journal : Framed Flowers (close up 1)Well, after this, I started painting with my watercolors. I wanted to color the flowers in shades of violet and red; I also added some pink and orange. I painted the birds below in the same colors, alternating the colors between the birds. After painting in the leaves, I also painted in the background in shades of green (inside) and blue (outside) towards the left and yellow (inside) and brown (outside), keeping the torn edges of the page as a frame outline. I also added some bright paint right outside the flowers, keeping it a little lighter and quickly blending it with the rest of the background – this added kind of a highlight to the flowers. πŸ™‚

Art Journal : Framed Flowers (close up 2)I then inked back the outlines, which had become almost invisible because of the paint. I also added a proper framed area beside the flowers and the birds by drawing a curvy branch-and-leaf combination. This I didn’t color in, and left it be.

I find myself having an urge to add some kind of a ‘wittwe birdie’ to whatever I make now-a-days! They look sooo cute!! πŸ˜€

And that’s my art for today! Hope you enjoyed! πŸ™‚

Art Book Back Cover

Its been so long since IΒ created anything in my Art Journal…too long! I was thinking about making something for quite some time now, but wasn’t able to decide or come up with anything. And so I decided to do a little doodle design on the back cover of my journal.

And here it is –

Art Journal Back Cover

I doodled a few flowers, leaves and a little (;P) bird, picking ideas out of my Pinterest boards for Art Journal and Doodling. I first laid out the initial outline using a pencil and then went over them using my Uniball Signo black gel pen.

Art Journal Back Cover (close up 1)

I then colored them using Inktense pencils and added some water to smooth out the lines, effectively bringing a watercolor look to the piece. I then added all the white dots and other touches using my Uniball Signo white gel pen.

Art Journal Back Cover (close up 2)

Finally, I added the background – first scribbling in green and blue and then going over it with water. This didn’t smooth out all the lines, but that created a good effect in itself, so I let it be. πŸ™‚

So, now my next project has to go ‘inside’ the book, as I’ve already covered the inside and the outsides now! πŸ˜› Thanks for looking!