Scrapbook Page?

This time’s journal has become something like a scrapbook page!

I really love creating scrapbook pages, but mostly find that I lack the patience to complete an entire page – not that I have the budget to buy all that stuff I would like to have if I was making one either! 😦 So, I found an alternative! 🙂 –

Scrapbook Art Journal

I have used, again, some tags that came with the clothes I bought – I’ve been wanting to use them on some cards, but somehow, unable to come up with a good idea, they had been just lying around. And so, I thought of using them here. 🙂

Scrapbook Art Journal (close-up #1)

I created the background by using some shades of distress inks, and stamping some splotches of distress inks again to create that ‘old and shabby’ paper with some coffee stains look.

Scrapbook Art Journal (close-up #2)

While adding the details around the tags, I tried to match up the colors – going for mainly black, brown and red. And I also tried to uniformly distribute the colors around the page.

Scrapbook Art Journal (close-up #3)

The rest of the embellishments are pretty simple – mostly punched butterflies and flowers, cut out of the same textured paper. 🙂 The one sticker embellishment came from one of my pattern paper sets, I wish I had more stickers…But, since this is one of those ‘one off’ cases, guess its ok 🙂

Thanks for looking!

For the three Rs – Here’s reuse!

I used to watch ‘Captain Planet’ when I was a kid – and still remember the three R’s preached in the show. And we try our best in my family to reuse as much as possible. So, when we do it in all the other places, why not try recycling in a card too!? 😀

Here’s a card I made using some tags that were came with some clothes we bought yesterday –

The 3 Rs - Card with Reused material

The peacock figures came in as is – the two sides of the tag had opposing colors – I cut off some prints off them and added the eyelets. I had cut the stripes of blue pattern for another card, but didn’t use – so I used it here.

The 3 Rs - Card with Reused material (Close-up)

I particularly liked the fact that two clashing colors – red and the smoky blue are working together well in this card – I hadn’t expected them to go so well. Turned out to be a simple yet unique card! 😀

Thanks for looking!

A New Challenge – CASE Study Challenge #198

Since it appeared, I have been wanting to participate in the CASE Study Challenge this time.

The guest is Shari Carroll! I have always loved her card, and have wanted to create one myself, using one of hers as an inspiration. But, I have always found that extremely difficult. Her style is so, completely different! I somehow have never been able to come up with any idea!

Until today – I really pushed myself to come up with something, to create something for this challenge.

I first tried to co-ordinate some scrapes that I have been saving. Unsuccessful. Then I picked up this set of pretty pink flowers I had received. I thought about making something that in which I could use these flowers. And picked up my stash of stuff to see if I could come up with something.

Thankfully, something clicked (and breathed a sigh of relief :P)

IMG_1423 - Copy

A mixture of scraps, pattern paper, reusable items, punches, stickers, embroider threads were used in this project, along with silver glitter as embellishment. Whew! That, I think, is my biggest list of stuff used in a card till date! 😉

IMG_1414

The card, amazingly, does not have any stamps involved – this is a first for me! And I am delighted!

IMG_1416

The smaller flowers are punched from scrap card stock, which I crushed before use.

The half circle at top? You’ll never guess – its from the packaging of  a popular product – guess which one?! I’ll give you a clue – its stamping ink packaging. Now?….

Well, there is my card submission. I really hope I will be able to make some more of its kind – maybe something which does not use flowers? 😀

Thanks for looking!

Vellum and Watercolors

This time is a card that’s been inspired by a card in CandlesInTheGarden blog

She has used distress inks on vellum – I tried using watercolor.

The color combination is to be in sync with  Fusion card challenge and the layout, CAS(E) this sketch #79.

IMG_1334

I cut some vellum pieces to equal length and colored them with watercolor. Then stamped them with some black ink – which didn’t come on that well, so I had to go over it all again with some black marker. I then added some more color to only the flower pieces. I finally added some gemstones to the center of the bigger pieces and some glitter gel ink to the smaller ones.

IMG_1337

I was wondering how to stick the vellum, and thought of how I often see scrapbookers using staplers to add them to their pages. I tried using the same, while also adding the staplers as a texture in the card. And guess what that ribbon is – it is from an old magnetic tape! Shiny and sleek – love it on this card! 🙂 Adding the sentiment to complete the card.

Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for looking!