Hello and welcome! Here’s another Christmas card I made (along with the one I had mentioned here) –
I wanted the background to be a big part of the card. My thoughts were to use some kind of shine/glitter along with a diecut, but I ended up using a stencil. I do, however absolutely love how the foil ended up partially adhering, giving it an almost distressed(?) sort of look.
Well, here’s how I made it – I first covered a panel with Art Alchemy Metallique Rustic Red paint. Once it dried, I placed the stencil, then the foil on top, then dry embossed it, passing it through my Big Shot. And the foil stuck to the paint!
Acrylic paints do have a sticky nature, even when they are dry (some are stickier than others), even if we don’t really feel the stickiness through our hands. And the Art Alchemy paints had just enough stickiness for the foil to adhere to, without covering the entire surface. Of course it goes without saying that it wouldn’t stick to the stencil! 🙂
Well, since I had the spectacular background for the card ready, I chose the rest of elements, so that I could expose it as much as possible. I could have just gone with a big and bold sentiment die cut, but I don’t have one. Instead, I chose part heat embossed sentiment and images on vellum, and alphabet die cuts – I used Neat and Tangled Winter Wishes and Journaling Alphas die set.
For embellishing, I used some clear white rhinestones, adhering them in almost the same places as the stars in the Winter Wishes stamp set (I had fussy cut off that part since it was blocking too much of that pretty background! :P)
I am joining the following challenges with my card –
Hope you liked my card! Do stop by again! 🙂