PE: Winner at ColourQ!!! 😀 Yay!!
Hello! Back after a long break – half of which I spent not feeling well. Well, I felt better today, and what better way to spend half a day then making some cards! 😀
I used flowers from Altenew stamps for both my cards. And the techniques are old and well known too. But what’s new for me is that I’ve used products I’ve not used before (at least for the technique) or its a technique I’ve not tried at all! 🙂
Well, here’s presenting card 1 and technique 1 –
I used Altenew Magnolias For Her, heat embossed the images using Ranger Black Sparkle embossing powder. I then used wet on wet technique for coloring using Camel Drawing Ink Scarlet ink (remember these inks, I had trouble with using them..). As the colors are lovely and bright, I had no problems at all with the inks. And the embossing helped to keep the colors localized in each petal. The best flower images for the technique too! 🙂 After they dried, I fuzzy cut the pieces.
I used Camel Drawing Ink Dark Green (yes, the label says Dark Green, but the ink looks like dark teal!!) to color the background. Coloring this was just like using distress inks – I was able to create a water-like background very easily! Loved it! I dried the paper by using my heat gun in between washes, repeating the process until I got the desired effect. I then added a few splotches of white acrylic paint.
Once everything was dry, I die cut the piece using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles and stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Its Your Day using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I also adhered the flowers directly I then some texture to the card base using Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders and foam mounted the piece on top. I also added Wink of Stella clear glitter to all the flower petals, doubling the glitter on a few of the main petals to increase the shine a bit too. That finished my first card.
Card 2 and technique 2 –
This too is a ‘kind’ of wet-on-wet, except I chose the first layer of wet as a color, instead of plain water. Another technique I applied is to spray the flowers using my mister, once I was done painting, to spread the colors and create a vague background. Misting/sparying like this was one of the techniques taught by Jennifer McGuire here.
I chose Altenew Painted Poppies and Cracked Pistachio (2nd generation) and Pumice Stone to stamp the flowers then colord them using Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon and Pumice Stone along with Memento Teal Zeal to color them. After I sprayed the flowers and dried the panel, I again added a bit of the colors, wherever I felt they had faded off too much. The sentiment, from the same stamp set, is stamped using Hero Arts Soft Granite. To finish the card, I added a strip of grey-striped washi tape of the card base and foam mounted my watercolor panel on top. No embellishments, as I wanted the focus on the flowers and the sentiment, preferring to keep it simple. 🙂
Submitting this to ColourQ Card Challenge #331.
Thank you for stopping by! 🙂